Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Get Smart


Tonight, my brother and I received tickets to go watch a VIP Access movie - Get Smart. VIP Access, if I'm not wrong, is a show on Star World. Many thanks to Aunty Doris for giving us the tickets.

The movie stars big names - Steve Carrell, Anne Hathaway and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Oh, I forgot to mention... Masi Oka also stars in this (Hiro Nakamura, from Heroes people?). I will say it is pretty entertaining. But if you're looking for something outstandingly funny, I don't think this one quite makes the cut. Unremarkable, yes, for the logic used in certain areas. But overall, it seemed forced to me instead of coming across naturally. Like as though the production team tried a bit too hard to make it obviously funny.

Acting skills were brilliant though and there were many truely funny moments, but there's a lot that I thought weren't as funny either. But as I said, overall, it was entertaining. There are some shows that make you think deeply about things, others that make you laugh at how attrocious they can be and others purely for entertainment. Get Smart falls into this category.

But hats off to Agent 86 and Agent 99. At some points it was predictable but Get Smart gets a rating of 3.5 out of 5 from me. Cheers!

-LIVESTRONG!-
Heads Up and Stay Strong
Be Proud

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home