Friday, June 27, 2008

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe


I know. I'm living under a stone right? I just watched The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe last night. Like, delay by nearly 3 years Jon? But I was blown away by it. Its just a pity that I never did watch it on the big screen. Hopefully there will be a few more movies and then I can perhaps go for the marathon that they'll have before the final movie.

Before I go into how I liked the movie, here's an update for those who don't know what's coming next. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian came out this year and I think its doing quite well in the cinemas due to the success of the first movie. A third movie will come out summer 2010, which is The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of The Dawn Trader. After that, there should be at least 2 more films - The Silver Chair and The Last Battle. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking of how epic the films will be.

Now diving into a bit of history.... The order in which the books are now labeled does NOT co-respond to the chronological publishing dates. Two lists for you.

Current book order (Narratively correct):
1. The Magician's Nephew
2. The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
3. The Horse and His Boy
4. Prince Caspian
5. Voyage of The Dawn Trader
6. The Silver Chair
7. The Last Battle

Chronologically published order:
1. The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe (1950)
2. Prince Caspian (1951)
3. Voyage of The Dawn Trader (1952)
4. The Silver Chair (1953)
5. The Horse and His Boy (1954)
6. The Magician's Nephew (1955)
7. The Last Battle (1956)

I could go on on how each book was related to each other, but I'll save that for another post some time. I've digressed enough as is.

The movie really brought the story alive for me. And I appreciate how the director stayed really true to the original script - like down to Edmund's liking for Turkish Delights. And I think it was done up really well. Even the acting wasn't too bad. Perhaps the only thing that was not realistic for me was the battle scenes and the lack of gore and blood. With such epic fight scenes, one would expect Peter's sword to be a bit more blood-stained than was shown. However, I do know that this was a movie more targeted at children, hence the lack of that sense of realism.

Apart from that, the soundtrack also blew me away. It's quite chilling really. My favourite tracks would be "Only the beginning of an Adventure", "The Battle", "From western woods to Beaversdam". They're all fantastic and the composer did a fantastic job. So did the editors in using the music to make the scenes jump out more at you. Fantastic job you Narnian-make-it-come-alive people. Love the movie.

-LIVESTRONG!-
Heads Up and Stay Strong
Be Proud

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home