Sunday, October 09, 2005

Hot, hot, hot day!

9 October 2005
Songs of the day: Politik & In my place [Coldplay]

Aight, I will admit it, I am still bein blown away by Coldplay’s album. So, I am gonna do a run through of all the songs on the CD and my view on ‘em.

Coldplay: A Rush Of Blood To The Head
Politik:
This song rocks. I’m glad they chose it for the opening track. A bit hard with the drumming, yet soft enough to get ya in the mood. It makes me think of things and how far away things can be. Essentially, a thinking song for me. Kinda reflective in a way.

In My Place: Another superb song. I like the beat they got goin in this one. I think this is a really cool track. One thing I really like is that twanging and the background music. Really really cool.

God Put A Smile On Your Face: Okay, why don’t I just admit it? All the songs have a nice beat. Lol. This one is okay. The words when sung to the beat of the song make for a good marriage. The chorus is good.

The Scientist: What can I say? I like Coldplay slow songs. This one blows me away a whole lot.

Clocks: The first Coldplay song I ever heard. Thanks to Sriram and Vaishi really. That’s when I started liking Coldplay. Without Clocks, Sriram and Vaishi, I dunno if I would’ve picked up this album.

Daylight: Vocals are excellent - haunting to a certain extent. Kinda different from their other songs in terms of music. Beat is like the rest with the drums as a constant.

Green Eyes: I kinda like the songs, its unique. Like, who sings about green eyes, lol. Personally, I like blue eyes for the record. This song is about a gal I think, a gal with green eyes. Heh.

Warning Sign: Well, well, Warning Sign. One of the nicest tracks on this album in my opinion. Very strong, especially before the first verse. Deep man. Listen to it, it moves ya.

A Whisper: Haha, if you expected this one to be a slow one, yer wrong. Nice guitar!

A Rush Of Blood To The Head: Another nice slow one. This one can make you dream if you’re just listening to the music.

Amsterdam: The piano bit is really nice. Its also a slow song, very nice indeed. Lyrics are cool too. I can just imagine this being given a stellar performance at an Idol competition.


So done with the Coldplay album. :D Haiz… That was cool. Today, so far its been good. Thanks for makin my day yo (you know who). Dad has been a bit on the annoying side today. Mom’s irritated by him and he seems hyper ‘n high. Lol.

OH, before I forget, HAPPY CANADIAN THANKSGIVING! Goin out to Ava, Boner and CB. :D

Today was also friggin hot. Phew! It was burning in the room and my mouth is all dry. Dehydration? Oh well.

Out!

-LIVESTRONG!-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home