Friday, September 15, 2006

Awesomeness

Okay, so I'm a happy guy today. Various reasons. I managed to get my new Survivor intros and theme. Not bad, I kinda like it. Very back-to-the-original yet with a new twist. Click here for the theme and here for the intro.

Also, whatever CBS had decided to do, they have done. So no use saying "Oh man, what a horrible twist", "There's going to be a lot of stereotypical portrayals" and what nonsense. It's a done deal, so to heck with that. If you don't like the twist idea, don't watch. That's the thing I hate about "people" here. Its because of this "controversial" twist that channel 5 is not airing Cook Islands. At least for the moment. And why? Well, I can see from their point of view. Who is willing to bet that if they did air it today/tonight, within the next week there'd be at least one letter of complaint in The Straits Times' forum the week following the premiere. Eh? Any takers? People need to loosen up.

Anyway, even if they do air it after sometime, where's the fun in that? I mean, there's the pick'em which we look forward to each season. What a let down not to join in! But there are ways when there's a will (yes, I paraphrased that). TVU player is a god send. Unfortunately, I can't watch it too long since school opens in like less than 2 weeks. Thank goodness for those kind souls on the net who tape stuff like this to let us watch. A big thank you to those people. One more thing before I stop ranting on not allowing Cooks to air, don't judge a book by its cover. In episode 1, there was favourable edits for the minority tribes. Okay, maybe they over did it with the slight negative edit for the Caucasian tribe, but we all can use common sense to know that every race is equal, none is superior. To take it from our MM, he did push for equality. Don't tell me that even after all he did in the past, we now do not see equality amongst races. *smacks hand on forehead*

That aside, episode 1 was cool. Puka Puka (Asian tribe) came in first place in the first challenge. Well, I generally liked that tribe as a whole. Please, do not go on that since I'm Asian I support the Asian tribe nonsense. I like some of the other castaways too. Like Ozzy, Billy and Adam to begin with. Their edits in the first episode lead me to like them for different reasons. Ozzy was a hard worker with a good head, he'll go far mark my words. Billy seems to know that this is a game and has his game face on. I like how he thinks. Adam, I liked him from the beginning, he seems to be genuine enough.

Yeah so all in all, episode 1 was not bad for a 20 castaway season. Sure, some were under the radar this episode but what can you expect in one hour? There's the marooning, the camp life, the challenges and tribal council to show. You can't ask for too much. I'll say the editors did a good job with this episode. Please keep it that way, not like Exile Island where episode 1 was good but then it deteriorated.

Also, got a chance to speak with some friends today. Awesomeness. =))


Dear Nana.
Things are going well here. The holidays are nearly over, class chalet coming up and all. Its not bad I'd say. Often times I'd wonder what you are doing where you are. Must be different eh? Ah well, we love you and miss you. Yer remembered and not forgotten.

Love,
Jono.

Dear Bro.
Well, things are moving fine if you know what I mean. This week is a cheerful week for many reasons, but I suppose you know the biggest reason why, lol. It was awesome in the least. Uhm, well, yet again, I'm tongue tied. Just letting ya know that yer remembered as well, never forgotten, always loved, forever missed.

Love,
Kid bro.


I figured I might as well do a shout out too.

Shout Outs:
Dak: ILUB! You keep on rocking. Remember to take that day out to enjoy yourself aight? Keep in touch.
Fano: Cook Islands Pick'em here we come. Ready for the new season! All the best in running this season's pick'em.
DMC2B05: Yeehaw! Can't wait for the barbecue to come and the chalet too. Take care y'all.
L: All the best with the exams cuz. Study hard.


-LIVESTRONG!-

Heads Up and Stay Strong
Be Proud

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home