Sunday, August 12, 2007

New House


Okay, so after nearly a year of living in a nice spacious home, but at the price of accessibility, we finally moved yesterday to a new place which isn't as spacious but far more accessible. And accessibility ranks high in my book. No more 30 minute walks to get to the metro! Not that I don't like walking, but imagine coming back really late (after 11pm) and having to walk 30 minutes when yer damned tired through a black jungle by the canal with minimal lighting just to get home. And bus service doesn't come that close either. Now, its just a 10 minute walk to the metro and a 5 minute walk to the bus stop. Cheers!

The picture above is our new living room. Of course, it was still incomplete as of yesterday since they had just put up the mirrors and the supporting wood would be there a further 3 days. The table colour mom wanted was out of stock so the company gave us a temporary one.


And here is the dining room without the dining table. This picture was taken before the arrival of the 6-seater dining set. I like the set and it looks like it goes well with the finishings of the house.

My room. Yeah, I know it looks dark but it isn't really. Doesn't help that the blind that is down can't be raised as someone ripped one of the strings out trying to pull the thing down... I think its kind of utilitarian though, the feel of the room.


Another view of the wardrobe and the table where that ugly desktop is going to be. At least I have the printer in my room so I can use it when needed. Then again, when school reopens its going to be attachment so I doubt anyone would be sending me stuff overnight to print for submission. But... You never know eh?


The door way and the 'rents' room beyond which is done in cream and brown. See, the room's not as dark as it seems in the first picture. What I don't like is the cupboards at the side. The doors stick out somewhat and are not flushed with the rest of the cupboard. There are gaps near the hinge area and wide gaps, not small ones. Well, you can't really complain can you? The overall look of the place is quite nice. I'll put up some of the bar next time then. Its still not yet done as the solid top needs to go on. But generally, the house is quite nice and its nice to be able to call a place yours. The own room thing especially. So here's to thanking the 'rents' for purchasing this place and pimping it up somewhat.

Shout outs:
Dak: Eh, hope yer doing okay and not stressing out. IMUB.
Fano: Hope the wordsearch game is going good.
ICM group: Lets go kick ass peeps!
Anyone else: I'm sorry, the net company won't be transferring the connection over till Tuesday (as opposed to the cable TV which did it within 24 hours.... Kill ST!!) so I might or might not be online. As of now, I'm in the old place using the net since mom needed me to come here for something. Cheers peeps.

-LIVESTRONG!-

Heads Up and Stay Strong
Be Proud

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home