Monday, July 11, 2005

I remember

Song of today: Ancient Voices [Russ Landau]
___________________________________________

Announcement: Please do visit U-Haul Is Bad and support the site. It’s for a good cause, that company has no PR at all! Don’t let those you know suffer from that company’s low standards of service, tell others U-Haul Is Bad.

Okay, I’m getting nostalgic now listening to all the Ancient Voices. Basically, it’s the Survivor theme songs. I’m on Pearl Island’s now. The whale sections are superb. Aww man, I wish I could get the DVDs but… Sigh, there’s that region one thing still. I didn’t get a real chance to watch seasons like Borneo, Marquesas and Thailand. I’d kill to watch these now! Gimme my survivor! Lol. But I’m just remembering all the past episodes, the twists and horrors… Yes, horrors at the unethical outcast twist.

The past castaways… Kathy, Colby, Tina, Vecepia, Neleh, Brian, Shii Ann, Jerri, Amber… I could go on and on, but, geez, I wanna watch the past seasons bad and I can’t. Thinking of them would make it worse. Look forward to Guatemala, look forward…

At least we got S coming back. Go S!!! Oh, and now, Jenn is my wallpaper. Jenn! She looks awesome just sitting there. Lol. Mad aren’t I? I’m in my Survivor world right now, so, yeah… I’m dreaming, haha. I often wonder what it would be like to be a part of survivor, then have your name and face come out on TV to an Ancient Voices theme. That would be SO cool. Too bad that won’t happen to me. Sigh. Singapore, when’re we gonna have our total flunk version of survivor? I don’t care if it flunks or not, I wanna play the game (Am I getting carried away?).

Often when I listen to the themes, I just sit and think. Surprisingly, its really good thinking music if you know what I mean. It’s a bit repetitive, so you get used to the constant beat of the song if you don’t pick up the minor differences to each season’s theme. To the commoner, each song sounds the same. But to the experienced listener, you’d pick up the different yells (African tribal chants, Amazonian yells, Palauan “singing”), the different instruments used (Australian didgeridoo, Vanuatu’s drums), different animal sounds used (Pearl Islands’ whale calls)…

Right, what do I think of while listening to all this? Depends on the situation really. I know one of the Ancient Voices theme that reminds me a whole lot of someone, so, more often than not, I’m thinking of that person when that theme is playing. At other times, how it’d be to actually play the game myself. Sometime thinking if I were in the media industry, how I’d do the opening… I wish I could produce such a game in future. But, oh well, that’s open ended (as is a lot of other things. Lol. ;) )

Nothing appeals more to me than just sitting down in front of a TV with someone and watching past episodes of survivor… I’m in dreamland right now, dreaming of that. I want it to happen. L, are you game? Haha. Wish we could download past episodes and then burn them into VCD format and watch them. I wanna get ya Palau L.

Anyway, enough of survivor (now you know why I’m called Survivorfreak eh?). OC project is well underway, went to buy those formal clothes yesterday. I learnt one thing: I hate business pants! Yeah, so more or less everything is settled for OC I need to do the speech and Arisya’s handling the power point right now.

For CC on the other hand, I need to get that article done. But I’m feeling kinda lazy. Oh no! I’ll have to get it done tonight. Sigh… I have to do it. Don’t be lazy!

Super squad? I’ve started on chapter 11, and Ron has just come into the house (Smack, this is yer character! =) ). You can imagine what happens. Right now, the entire part of what I wrote has been transferred to the laptop. Hopefully I can write more and then transfer more.

I’m in kind of a good mood now. Cause we’re gonna be having pancakes and waffles for breakfast in the coming days. Went to the Cold storage at Holland Village earlier and bought Maple syrup… Oooooh. It’s sweet. Basically, things are going well now. It’s a sunny Sunday so to speak.

Sigh… My weight’s down by 10kg, but still, it doesn’t fall into the “acceptable” BMI yet. I need to lose about 6 kg more. Can I do it? Hope I can. But right now, a big THANKS to the guy that’s helped me lose the 10 already. =) I owe ya big man.

Wish me luck for these two things: ICP test on Thursday; Writing super squad chapter 11.

Shout outs:
L: Hey cuz, I can help ya with that article if ya like. Just contact me. ;)
Dak: Hope yer enjoying the story lots. I should put in more parts of Dakota and Elaine eh? After all, she did kiss him in Fanoland. Lol.
Dame: Hope everything’s going on okay and you’re getting lots of contract offers.
Fano: Thanks for spurring that brain wave earlier. Its interesting how so many things can come up and make a story interesting. Like I said, if it’s publish worthy, you know what’s coming on page 2. ;)
Smack: Yer character’s coming in. SO hope you enjoy the story too. *Points upwards* I’ve announced about the U-Haul Is Bad again. =))
ZhiLi: Hope you enjoyed your Energy concert. See ya in school tomorrow then eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home