Monday, December 10, 2007

I'm watching Survivor: Borneo for the time being and for the first time. The show was showing on TV when we had just moved back to Singapore and I knew it was popular cause my uncle had asked me to watch it when it was on (Thursday, 8pm people? Borneo then showed in the US at Wednesday, 8ET). I vaguely remember Ramona and Gervase and the rats one episode, and another was someone getting voted out and asking to be sent out of the rain, Jenna I think. That's probably all I ever watched. Never even knew who won. Then came Australia and that's when I began watching from the Maralyn boot onwards.

It was high concept for sure. Who would ever have thought of taking 16 people, dumping them in the jungle for real and asking them to play this Lord of the Flies game for TV? No one! No surprise it was a reality hit and boosted the demand for reality tv. But looking at the production sets nowdays compared to what was Borneo, that season looks kinda ghetto now. But its all good. Survivor South Africa seems to be headed in the same direction (the second season's sets looked the same as what was Borneo). Hope they go for another season and experiment with colours.

-LIVESTRONG!-
Heads Up and Stay Strong
Be Proud

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home